- Multitude of different settings to enable or disable included features
- Either pull all albums (but exclude the ones you don’t want), predefine the albums you want to be shown or show one single album directly
- Pagination Feature (smart pagination, set number of thumbnails per page, set number of pages or no pagination)
- LazyLoad Feature for thumbnails (will only load images when thumbnails are in view)
- Social share feature for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and StumbleUpon
- Includes a tool-tip plugin (ToolTipster) with several design options; although it is possible to use your own tool-tip solution
- Includes four optional lightbox plugins (fancyBox, photoBox, colorBox and prettyPhoto)
- Exclude individual images from being shown
- Possible to translate it into any other language by using provided setting parameters
- Select between a responsive (fluid width) or static layout (fixed width)
- Dedicated mobile layout for mobile devices
- Option to disable gallery on tablet and/or cell phone devices and show message instead
- Optional two-directional (asc. / desc.) album sorting feature (name / number of images / date album created / date album last updated)
- Smart filter option to filter albums and photos by age groups
- Search Feature to search for albums by keywords
- Set initial sorting direction and sorting criteria
- Option for floating control bar that follows the user while scrolling through the album selection
- Option to show dates in “from now” format (i.e. “2 days ago”) instead of standard date format
- Optional logs (in console) for better debugging (i.e. number of albums or photos retrieved, error codes, etc.)
- … and much more!
The script allows you to pull albums and images from Flickr. Obviously, the more albums and images you load, the longer the script will take to pull the required information. Speed is also dependent upon the users internet connection.
In order to limit browser / memory overloads, the script (upon initialization) will only pull the album cover images along with the album information from Flickr. That information will be used to create the actual gallery overview. No actual album content (meaning the actual images within each album) will be loaded during initialization.
Only when a user clicks on the cover image (thumbnail) of a specific album will the images within that one album be pulled from Flickr. Images can then stored in the browser memory for as long as the user session lasts or pulled again if a user views the same album again (depends on settings for cacheAlbumContents being either “true” or “false”). Once a user reloads the page or closes the tab / window, all information will be removed from the memory.
There are currently three approaches to using the script (more information can be found in the subsequent sections):